FALLING FOR THE STRANGER

love and relationship blogs



The world is mysterious so are people. Sometimes they do not know what is their purpose in doing something whereas some are still observant to do things without having any hidden want. My name is Ahana and this is my story of a night. This story is not something very special but still, it made me believe that some people are really special.

One night, I was arriving back home from my tuition class. Usually, my dad picks me up after but he was in office busy wrapping up his pending work that day. So I decided to take a rickshaw to get home and watch my favorite movie to premiere today. I was so excited. I put my earphones on and pressed the play button while crossing the road to get the rickshaw. I looked right and left and then cautiously crossed the street. When I was about to reach another side of the street, I collided with the truck. I remember how I was lying feeling lifeless on the roadside and unable to move. All I could see was the crowd gathered around me. I incessantly having heavy breathe. I wanted to live. I don't know why this happened to me. But I never ever wanted to see myself like this. My eyes were blurry. Now everything was getting out of my vision. I did not know what will happen the very next moment but my soul was, of course, expecting a samaritan to pick me up and get me to the hospital so that I have a chance of survival. 

I had not thought of catching the sight of this beautiful world again and will meet my parents but eventually, I did. I opened my eyes in the hospital. The vision was still blurry as it was on that day but the feeling of living again was relishing. I slowly opened my eyes and saw my mom and little brother sitting beside me. I could not utter word instead of crying, they both embraced me and whined. My father is a reticent and when my eyes were busy finding him, he was sobbing standing stilt at the corner of the room. The moment was emotional so was I. Later my mom told me that it has been two months since you are here. Till the day you arrived, you were in a coma. The doctors lose hope but Navin never did. I baffled by the words of my mom, not because it had been two months but by noticing that my mom never call my father by name. Whatever, I did not pay attention much. I was happy more than anything I never thought of meeting my parents again but in the end, here I am with them.

After a week, I was ready to go my sweet home where I can actually breathe without the help of machines. My father was out there for some discharge formalities. I relieved when the car entered the locality. The smile on my face was saying everything, nothing changed except my face which was still little bruised. Anvi, Nashik, Smriti, and Anjul were there to greet me. Their face seems different to me and how not as I was seeing them after so long. I had a trail of questions to ask them and they were ready to answer them all. 

My mom with tea and biscuit entered my room. We were laughing and gossiping over different stories. Right then my mom asked me – “Why you didn't call Ravin?” I was confused. I could not understand what my mom was asking for. Then I remember her word in the hospital, she was saying Ravin when I misunderstood. Back from the thought, I asked whom, she said you remember all and forget him only. But what you should never forget is he was there with you always. It appeared he was more than your friend Ahana - mom said in a teasing way.

My friends were like you had a boyfriend and you never told us and I was completely clueless. How I could make them understand, I didn't know him? How could I tell them about the person whom I never met? Eluding the further questions, I changed the topic. After a while, my friends left. As soon as they did. I ambled out to my mom’s room and asked her about Ravin. My mom told me many of the things about him. She mentioned that he never spoke much but always kept sitting near you. When I had to rush home, he took care of yours. But do not know where he disappeared a day before you opened your eyes. Since then I have never seen him. He is sure shot a lovely and the most caring guy. I still don’t know why he was so much concerned about you. He was your friend, you may not have recalled him but one day you will. Take care and do not think much about it. Have a good sleep and do not forget to make a wish before you sleep like you always do. 

I went out of her room and I couldn't get over Ravin. Who was he? Did I know him? But why not now? How can I remember all of my friend and not him? I can imagine his face, his attire by the description of my mom (a petite charming with a blue shirt and dark denim). Why did you care for me so much? Till the day I live, I will live with my breath of yours. I am looking forward to meeting you, stranger. 


Post a Comment

0 Comments